United for Efficiency supports Bolivia’s policymakers and regulators to advance policies, strategies and actions for the phase-out of inefficient lighting. Emphasis is on an integrated policy approach so that a transition can be sustained by the domestic market without continued external support or resources.
DELIVERING THE TRANSITION TO ENERGY EFFICIENT LIGHTING
The objective of this GEF-funded project is to accelerate the transition to energy-efficient lighting technologies in Bolivia through the development of a national efficient lighting policy and practical innovative interventions that will ensure success of the transition.
- National efficient lighting strategy employing the integrated policy approach to phasing out inefficient incandescent lamps endorsed.
- Creation of monitoring, verification and enforcement capacities to ensure effective transition to efficient lighting.
- Ensuring environmentally sound management for a sustainable transition to efficient lighting: the Government of Bolivia is able to enact a national plan to collect, recycle and/or responsibly dispose of spent lighting products.
- Lighting innovation:
- (i) accelerating the use of LEDs and controls
- (ii) demonstration program for street lighting
No key documents from project partners are available at this time
January 5, 2023
U4E Hosts Regional Energy Efficiency Seminar in Parallel with OLADE…
The United Nations Environment Programme’s (UNEP) United for Efficiency (U4E)…
June 22, 2022
United for Efficiency Technical Support for Eco-Efficient Lighting in Bolivia
In May 2022, members of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP)…
March 16, 2022
Monitoring, Verification and Compliance Capacity Building Training Supports Transition to…
On 4 March 2022, representatives from the key institutions involved…