United for Efficiency supports Nigeria’s regulators to advance policies and actions for the transition to more sustainable air conditioning. Emphasis is on an integrated policy approach that can be retained by the domestic market without continued external support or resources.
SCALING UP ENERGY-EFFICIENT AND CLIMATE-FRIENDLY COOLING IN NIGERIA
The objective of this K-CEP funded project is to accelerate the transition to climate-friendly (low-global warming potential refrigerant)and energy-efficient air conditioning that costs less money to operate, enhances electric grid resiliency and mitigates impacts on the environment.
- Conduct a market assessment on the equipment and key stakeholders
- Strengthen draft Minimum Energy Perfrormance Standards (MEPS) and energy labels (adapted from U4E’s Model Regulation Guidelines) and facilitate adoption
- Implement an awareness campaign to promote MEPS and labelling compliance by vendors and enhance consumer understanding of energy labels so that they can make more informed purchasing decisions
- Inform the inclusion of sustainable cooling-related targets in the Nationally Determined Contribution revision
- Draft a space cooling chapter for a future National Cooling Action Plan
- Deliver capacity building on market monitoring, verification and enforcement
- Deliver training on installation and service for practitioners and on home energy audits and cooling management
No key documents from project partners are available at this time
Standards and Regulations Supporting Policies Monitoring, Verification and Enforcement U4E…Read More