United for Efficiency supports the Caribbean countries to advance policies, strategies and actions for the phase-out of inefficient air conditioners and refrigerators. Emphasis is on an integrated policy approach so that a transition can be sustained by the regional market without continued external support or resources.
SCALING UP ENERGY-EFFICIENT AND CLIMATE-FRIENDLY COOLING
The objective of this Clean Cooling Collaborative (formerly K-CEP)-funded project with the Governments of the Bahamas, Barbados, Dominican Republic, Jamaica and St Lucia is to to showcase the myriad benefits of a rapid and comprehensive transition to energy-efficient and climate-friendly cooling.
- Conduct five national cooling market assessments
- Develop five national cooling strategies (NCS)
- Recommend minimum energy performance standards and labels
- Develop a financial mechanism targeting the hospitality sector
- Provide capacity building on priority topics identified by the countries
April 7, 2021
In March 2021, United for Efficiency (U4E) was pleased to…
March 23, 2021
Developed as part of the Caribbean Cooling Initiative (C-COOL), Jamaica’s…
March 17, 2021
The government of the Dominican Republic has defined ambitious actions…
The Caribbean Cooling Initiative (C-COOL) is making available a financial…Read More